Getting Started with Blogging
This class provides step by step instruction in how to write and create your first blog.
|Categories||Continuing Education Youth and Community Programs Community Classes for Adults|
Learn How You Can Become a Blogger
Drop your hesitation and start a blog now! This class is geared toward the beginning blogger. We will walk you through the process of generating ideas and writing content. By the end of the class you will have created a blog to showcase your interests, hobbies and experiences.
During this course you will:
- Learn about the highs and lows of public writing.
- Brainstorm ideas for your personal blog.
- Generate content for your blog.
- Consider design options by studying existing blogs to see "what works."
- Design a blog based on a single interest you identify in the course.
- Participate in a panel discussion with local bloggers.
- Speak with a celebrity blogger, joining the class from New York City.
“Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community,” by Joy Deangdeelert Cho. Please purchase this book before the class begins. Retail price is approximately $10 from your preferred retail store or online vendor.
Christina Berchini is a professor, author, and researcher at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire. In order to escape that life, she writes a lot of fiction, which sometimes feels a little too non-fiction if she thinks about it hard enough. She is also the creator of where she gives advice and tough love to college students. Whether or not they listen to her is another story altogether. Her creative work has been featured in Empty Sink Magazine, Five 2 One Magazine, SUCCESS.com, the Huffington Post, and other outlets. Her Education Week Teacher article, Why Are All the Teachers White?, has been selected by SheKnows/BlogHer media as a 2016 Voices of the Year Honoree.