The Basic Technical Writing Certificate consists of three courses. The program is Instructor-Led, meaning you learn from highly qualified industry and tech writing faculty. Our course of study has been designed for individuals who lack sufficient experience in the field, those who want to enhance existing careers in technical writing or move in a new direction.
The certificate is specifically designed for those who:
- Aspire to develop their technical language and communication skills.
- Need to update their knowledge and skills.
- Need preparation for teaching professional communication.
- Must prepare and deliver training for their companies.
- Aspire to advance in documentation and other technical communication positions.
- Seek a verifiable Certificate Credential from an accredited university.
UW-Eau Claire’s ASL Certificate provides official recognition to UW-Eau Claire students for having completed a concentration in ASL. For students using the LE catalog, this Certificate fulfills the LE graduation requirement when combined with a standard major. Once coursework is completed, the Certificate will be noted on your official transcript.
This program has been developed for those already in the field. The Certificate in Technical Writing program is Instructor-Led, meaning you learn from highly qualified industry practitioners and Technical Writing faculty. This course of study has been designed for those who want to (1) enhance existing careers in technical writing or (2) move in a new direction within the corporate workplace.
The certificate is specifically designed for:
- Those who aspire to develop their technical language and communication skills.
- Those who need to update their knowledge and skills as writers, editors and designers.
- Those who must prepare and deliver training for their companies.
- Those who aspire to advance in documentation and other technical communication positions.
- Those who seek a verifiable Certificate Credential from an accredited university.
Classes focus on employee training, hiring and training, compensation training, payroll management, record keeping, and more.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of HR, Training, and Labor Relations managers and specialists is projected to grow by 17% between 2006 and 2016. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
JER provides you learning flexibility when and where you need it.
- Start anytime or begin on a fixed time schedule
- Access your course anytime from anywhere
- Best Value-Cost affordable tuition
- All Major Credit Cards Accepted, Check, Pay Pal
As a nonprofit professional, your days are filled with work that is important, meaningful and challenging. Let us make your job easier and help take your skillset to the next level with our programs for professionals in the world of nonprofits.
Claim your share of the more than $300 billion available annually from tens of thousands of grant organizations. You can earn your Professional Grant Writing Certificate in two days, by taking, Grant Proposal Writing for Beginners and Advanced Grant Proposal Writing.
Features/benefits the program offers:
- Build the skills you need to successfully find and gain grant funding
- Navigate an increasingly challenging competitive funding environment
- Understand how to meet the needs of granting agencies
- Gain confidence in your ability to secure funding
The Professional Grant Writing Certificate is offered in Eau Claire. It is offered in a two-day, back to back format, so that you are able to apply the information you have learned immediately to your proposals.
Let’s face it—expertise in a chosen career field doesn’t automatically make someone a good supervisor. Supervisors must learn important soft skills to confidently manage a team of people and do it well.
If you’ve been promoted to supervisor but aren’t sure you have the skills to supervise well; if you’re looking to advance into a supervisor position; or if you’ve been supervising a team for a while and have struggled through conflict and communication issues, a certificate in supervisory management may be just what you need!
Working for this certificate will help you:
- Gain confidence in your leadership skills
- Communicate better with your team
- Encourage your team to be more productive
- Deal with conflict effectively
- Find success and advance toward your career goals
Your instructors are experts in management and leadership who will share their knowledge, experiences, and best practices face to face. Learn and share insights with other students to really make the most of the seminars.
How the Certificate Works:
You’ll take three, 2-day core classes covering the most important supervisory skills (Learning to Lead; Orientation, Time Management, and Delegation; Employee Evaluation and Performance Management), plus six more days of electives in 1- or 2-day format that enhances specific skills you want to build on.
Each 2-day seminar earns you 1.3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs); each 1-day seminar earns you 0.65 CEUs. A total of 7.8 CEUs is required to earn your certificate. You can take up to five years to complete the program.
Not interested in taking the whole certificate? You can also take classes individually.
Advance your career by improving your technical writing skills
Why should you take online courses or get a certificate in technical writing? Job opportunities! Employment in technical writing is expected to grow faster than average over the next few years, offering new career opportunities or advancement. You can choose online courses from basic, intermediate, or advanced non-credit training in technical writing and communication, or courses in specialty areas. You can earn a certificate in technical writing or pick only the course that best fit your needs.
Becoming a better technical writer is easy with our online program:
- Start anytime! If you prefer, you can begin on a fixed time schedule as well
- Group enrollments encouraged - learn with your co-workers
- You can register online - it is quick and easy!
The various technical writing courses and certificates are taught by instructors with more than 20 years of professional, technical, and career training experience. The courses are industry developed, giving you access to the same e-learning business and industry are currently utilizing.
Your writing skills directly reflect your professional image. The better your skills, the better your chances for professional advancement. Effective writing in the workplace is a critical skill in today’s job market. Research shows that employers value workers who think creatively and communicate effectively.
*The Writers at Work Certificate Program consists of four 10-hour courses that allow busy professionals a flexible path toward developing valuable writing techniques. Explore grammar and punctuation while learning the process of writing clear and concise documents. Proficiency in effective business writing can set you apart from other employees and improve your chances of career advancement.
You will be able to:
- Identify and correct common grammatical errors
- Revise and generate clear and concise writing
- Write effective and professional emails to capture your reader’s attention
- Connect words and ideas using transitions, parallelism and other strategies
- Use specific techniques to adapt the tone of a document
- Learn basic design elements to create visually appealing pieces
- Proofread, edit and revise more effectively