The Chippewa Valley has been gaining national attention for its recent revitalization and the arts community is a big reason why. Whether you’re new to the arts community or you’ve been putting your creative touches on the area for years, we are focusing on providing programs that are designed with you in mind.
These programs aim to:
- Connect you with other artrepreneurs to learn from one another and build a stronger arts community
- Teach you new ideas and strategies to help build your business
- Show you how to find funding to support your projects
Enroll in more than one and automatically receive 10% off your total cost!
Explore new ideas, foster your passion for learning, and meet others who share your interests. Classes are typically held each spring and fall with new topics. Invest in yourself and experience something new.
End of life care is an important topic across several industries. This series offers attendees a unique learning opportunity that combines the perspectives of both national and local experts in end of life care. Sessions will begin with a viewing of the latest webinar from the Hospice Foundation of America. After, a panel of local experts will take the discussion further and allow you to engage with your peers about the presented topics. Consider this specialized series as an option to earn CEUs for your continued professional development.
*Webinars carry a number of board certifications, including social work, nursing and counseling boards.
Ethics and Boundaries Training
Wisconsin social workers, licensed professional counselors, psychologists, and licensed marriage and family therapists, are you looking for a convenient and informative way to fulfill your Ethics and Boundaries requirement? Each of our Ethics and Boundaries workshops targets a specific topic in current issues, practice settings, or client base. Sign up now for workshops directly relevant to your practice.
Continuing Education at UW-Eau Claire offers a variety of interesting and innovative 4-hour workshops in Ethics and Boundaries, any of which can be applied toward your Wisconsin licensure requirement. Gain the contact hours you need! Additionally, UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6669.
- Spirituality and Religion
- Working with Refugee Populations
- The Biological Foundation of Boundaries and Ethical Behavior
You care a great deal about your clients and want the best outcomes for them. What better way to refresh and recharge than to discover the most current research-based assessment tools, intervention techniques, and treatment strategies to help your clients thrive?
Programs in the Focus on Mental Health Series are perfect for social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, or any other professional working with clients who struggle with mental health issues. The series is focusing on youth mental health and suicide risk assessment.
The workshops include:
- The latest research
- Practical applications you can use right away
- Interactive learning
- Discussions with peers
- Expert instructors - a combination of faculty researchers and clinicians/practitioners
It’s a convenient, affordable way to earn continuing education contact hours to fulfill your license and certification requirements.
- Focus on Youth Mental Health Free Community Discussion
- Growing Up the Hard Way — Children and Mental Health
- Update on Suicide Risk Assessment and Management
- Science of the Mind: A Neurocognitive Overview for Mental Health Professionals
- The Biological Foundation of Boundaries and Ethical Behavior
Interested in broadening your professional options? Consider adding foot and nail care to your skillset. With an aging population and rising rates of diabetes, the demand for nurses trained in foot and nail care is increasing. Formal nursing education often neglects this area of practice, resulting in a shortage of professional foot and nail care experts.
Let this shortfall become your opportunity. When you enroll in our Foot and Nail Care: Education for Nurses programs you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to begin a practice of basic foot and nail care. If you’re ready to start out on your own, also consider enrolling in Foot and Nail Care: Starting a Business.
Hoarding is a multi-dimensional condition that can be difficult to identify and address. This professional training is for anyone who may serve or interact with someone who is struggling with hoarding issues.
Perhaps the most significant benefit of mindfulness is the ability to choose how to react, or not react, to our ruminating thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Thomas Roberts, a psychotherapist, and hypnotherapist will teach you methods to help your clients experience mindfulness to manage complex conditions. When you participate in these webinars you will gain the skills to offer your clients an alternative and emerging treatment option. This series will focus on four topics over the course of four months including:
- Mindfulness for mood disorders including anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder
- Mindfulness for trauma-based emotional dysregulation (managing PTSD)
- Mindfulness for chronic pain
- Mindfulness for addiction
What you will learn:
- How to regulate moods for those with anxiety, depression or bipolar disorder.
- How to cultivate a more balanced perspective to managing stress
- Discover useful tools to support recovery from trauma
- Skills to teach your clients how to avoid re-triggering events and experiences
- How to teach your clients to listen to the sensations of the body
- The relationship between inflammation and pain in the body
- Learn methods to reduce inflammation in the body
- Explore the nature of addiction beyond chemical addictions
- Powerful methods for managing recovery and cultivating relapse prevention tools
These webinars are a convenient and affordable way to earn continuing education contact hours to fulfill your license and certification requirements from a location of your choice.
Planning for graduate school? You know your application will look better with a high score on the GRE, GMAT or LSAT, but are you sure you’re ready for the exam? Let us help! Improve your confidence with our Live-Online test preparation courses. These classes deliver high quality content through live, online instruction.
With live-Online test preparation, you’ll enjoy online convenience with the benefits of a face-to-face class. When it’s time for class, sit down anywhere you have internet connection and enter the virtual classroom of Live-Online. Ask the teacher questions, interact with other students, and if you miss a session, watch the recorded class for up to 30 days after your course ends.
All of our test prep courses include:
- Live, online instruction.
- Experienced, expert instructors.
- Preparation materials.
- Comprehensive presentations and explanations.
- Real questions from previous exams.
If you plan to study on your own, or you’re not quite ready to take a prep class yet, start with our free one-hour online strategy workshops. We’ll give you an overview of the exam and tips for success, plus sample questions and study resources.
Learn something new in Sign Language 1 or further develop your skills in Sign Language 2.