Director of Special Education and Pupil Services (DSEPS)
If you’re passionate about special education and want to take the next step in your career, this online Director of Special Education and Pupil Services program will prepare you to be successful.
|Categories||Degrees, Certificates, and Courses for Contemporary Learners | Education | Online | Professional and Workforce Development|
Who Should Attend
If you hold a Master’s degree and licensure in Special Education, School Psychology, Speech Pathology, Guidance and Counseling, Administration (Principal/Superintendent), or Educational Leadership plus a minimum of three years successful experience directly teaching academic content to children with special needs, you may be eligible for admission to our program, leading to Wisconsin DPI Educational License 80.
Focus on Systemic Leadership
Application deadline is March 16, 2020.
Admissions decisions will be made by April 3, 2020.
This 15-credit online program is for individuals who are ready to step into the important leadership role as directors of special education and pupil services. The UW-Eau Claire DSEPS program has a long-standing reputation for excellence; our graduates are well prepared and ready to lead.
Throughout this year-long program, you will be challenged to think from a big picture, systemic point of view by licensed, experienced directors of special education and pupil services. After successful completion of the program, you will be ready to apply for the Wisconsin DPI License #80, and you will earn a UW-Eau Claire Graduate Certificate.
Course topics and dates:
- Systemic Leadership & Ethics
- May 26 – June 26, 2020
- Special Education Law
- June 29 - August 7, 2020
- Leadership in Special Education & Pupil Services
- September 2 – October 16, 2020
- Special Education & Pupil Services Budget and Finance
- October 19 – December 14, 2020
- Practicum: Leadership in Special Education & Pupil Services
- February 1 – May 21, 2020
Application Deadline is March 16, 2020
Admission decisions will be made by April 3, 2020
An online orientation for admitted students will be held May 6 from 4:30 p.m.– 6 p.m.
Why Should I Choose this Program?
- The UW-Eau Claire program has earned a reputation for excellence.
- Admitted candidates can complete the program in only one year.
- All instructors are currently or were recently working as DSEPS in K-12 schools -- you'll learn from their practical experience.
- Completely online -- no travel required
- With successful completion of the program, you'll be eligible to apply for Wisconsin DPI License # 80.
- Earn a graduate certificate from UW-Eau Claire, transcribed on your permanent academic record.
How Much Does it Cost?
Tuition is at the reduced rate of $465 per credit.
The program does not meet qualifications for federal financial aid, but some students have been able to obtain private educational loans or have been subsidized by their districts.