Challenging events require a high degree of trust in you as a leader and skillful conflict management techniques. This online course will focus on some of the most critical skills a leader must have to earn trust and credibility from their colleagues.
|Series||Change Leadership Series|
Learn Strategies to Earn Trust and Credibility from Your Team
Conflict is an inevitable occurrence in the workplace. Left unresolved, the negative effects of workplace conflict include employee disengagement and turnover, work disruptions and project failure. Leaders need to be able to quickly identify the root causes of conflict and employ strategies to effectively manage it and chart a path forward when it occurs. In this session, we’ll explore the common sources of workplace conflict, including interpersonal style differences, and share strategies to keep conflict from escalating. We will discuss the pros and cons of different approaches to conflict and work through a conversation model to help you lead a constructive discussion to find a resolution and move a situation forward.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
· Recognize how conflict can be both positive and negative and identify common causes of conflict in the workplace.
· Apply strategies to effectively manage challenges and conflict.
· Understand how differences in behavior styles might cause tension with another person, especially under stress, and effectively coach employees to recognize and manage style differences.
· Describe different conflict management approaches in order to better work together to reach a resolution to a conflict.
· Engage in a high stakes conversation to achieve a resolution that moves a situation forward while making the relationship stronger.
Program format: Live web stream + Discussion Board. Plus, up to an hour of one-on-one consultation for each participant.
- Pre‐work given on June 9th.
- First live streaming webinar on June 16th, 1:00 - 2:30 PM CDT.
- Second live streaming webinar on June 23rd.
*Attendees have up to three weeks to schedule a one-hour coaching session with instructor Allison Cooley after the second webinar.
Who should attend
This program is designed for mid to upper-level leaders at businesses and organizations. This is an excellent next-step for those who have completed UWEC Continuing Education’s Supervisory Management Program.
As Founder and CEO of Effectability, LLC, Allison Cooley brings 25+ years of senior leadership, organization development, facilitation and business ownership experience to her workshops. Her enthusiastic, engaging style and deep knowledge of people and organization systems have inspired thousands of leaders and team members at hundreds of organizations to communicate more effectively, better manage change and conflict, build stronger relationships, create productive, resilient cultures and get things done. Allison holds a Certified Executive Coach designation from the Center for Executive Coaching, is a Board Certified Coach (Center for Credentialing and Education), is a Myers‐Briggs practitioner (CAPT) and is DiSC certified (Wiley). She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin‐Eau Claire and her master’s degree in Adult Education from the University of Minnesota.