Turnover can be a big waste of resources. This elective course will teach you to better understand competencies for positions so when hiring and developing employees you are focusing on the skill sets that are critical to your organization.
|Series||Supervisory Management Certificate|
|Next Session||Nov. 4, 2021 – Nov. 5, 2021|
This course meets on November 4 and 5, 2021 from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm at the Holiday Inn, 4751 Owen Ayres Court, Eau Claire, Wisconsin. This is an in-person class.
How to find and keep skilled employees
Employers report difficulty in finding qualified workers with the specific skill sets and the competencies they want. That’s where talent management and succession planning will help.
This program focuses on equipping leaders like you with the knowledge to identify and develop the skills in your employees that will help you and them achieve success. Not only is this accomplished by hiring people with the correct competencies, but also by retaining and developing those talented employees. You’ll leave this program with tactics, tools, and strategies you can quickly put into effect and a roadmap to set your team up for the future.
Topics you will discuss:
- Understand the need for talent management and succession planning in your department/organization
- Develop a targeted approach to identify the knowledge skills and competencies needed
- Build individual development plans focused on the critical competencies
- Implement effective monitoring, measuring and follow up processes
- Identify obstacles and develop a strategy to overcome them
- Develop and implement a succession planning process to ensure viable talent is grown and retained
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, project managers, team leaders, business owners, human resource professionals, aspiring managers and supervisors.
Jim Dahl has 40+ years of consulting and private sector experience including a role as Director of Leadership Development for SUPERVALU, Inc. He has worked in a wide variety of organizations providing expertise on organizational change, talent management and individual development.