Advanced Grant Writing - This course will now be offered virtually.
This full-day online program is for grant writers of all experience levels. You will gain insider grant knowledge, helping you build skills to successfully secure funding. We recommend taking Beginning Grant Writing for current information on the topic.
|Series||Professional Grant Writing Certificate|
Be persuasive through your grant writing
Do you wish you knew exactly what grant reviewers were looking for? Although the grant application process varies, there are some important common elements which can give you an edge. This full-day, online workshop will provide you with insights into persuasive and effective grant writing through a mock-interview process. This program is a great resource for all grant writers, whether you are writing your first grant or have years of experience. In order to be best prepared for this workshop, we recommend you take Beginning Grant Writing the day before so you learn current best practices. Plus, by taking both workshops you will earn the Professional Grant Writing Certificate.
You will learn:
- A three-step RFP Analysis Process to identify sponsor hot buttons
- How to integrate persuasive themes into every section of your response
- How to create an opening summary that captures attention and sets you apart
- The critical elements of the grant review process
- How to interpret reviewers’ comments
- How to anticipate and preempt reviewer objections as you write your proposal
- Build the skills to successfully find and gain grant funding
Who Should Attend
Aspiring, new, and even experienced nonprofit leaders hoping to better develop their grant writing skills.
Claim your share of the more than $300 billion available annually from tens of thousands of grant organizations. You can earn your Professional Grant Writing Certificate in two days, by taking, Beginning Grant Writing and Advanced Grant Writing. Features/benefits the program offers:
- Build the skills you need to successfully find and gain grant funding
- Navigate an increasingly challenging competitive funding environment
- Understand how to meet the needs of granting agencies
- Gain confidence in your ability to secure funding
The Professional Grant Writing Certificate is offered in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It is offered in a two-day, back-to-back format so that you are able to apply the information you have learned immediately to your proposals.
Jeremy T. Miner, M.A., is director of grants and contracts in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and also president of Miner and Associates, Inc., a nationwide consulting firm that provides grant seeking and fundraising services to nonprofit organizations. In addition to developing and administering proposals to public and private grant makers, Jeremy has served as a reviewer for federal and state grant programs and helped private foundations streamline their grant application guidelines. He has presented grant seeking workshops nationally and internationally to thousands of grant-getters. His successful grant writing techniques have generated millions of grant dollars for many nonprofit education, healthcare and social service agencies.