Beginning Grant Writing - This course will now be offered virtually.
This full-day session will give you the insights you need to begin the grant writing process with confidence using practices you can implement immediately.
|Series||Professional Grant Writing Certificate|
|Next Session||Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020|
|Schedule||Oct. 1, 2020 9am to 4:00pm|
How to find funding and write grants
This full-day session will give you the insights you need to begin the grant writing process with confidence. The course will provide you with the basics of grant proposal writing, where to begin and offer tips and best practice insights that you can implement immediately — in fact, you'll start during this workshop! You'll leave with the tools and knowledge to immediately begin the process of seeking grant funding. You can also build on your skills during day two (Advanced Grant Writing) and receive a Professional Grant Writing Certificate.
You will learn:
- Insider tips for identifying both public and private grant sponsors
- How to understand what grant sponsors are looking for — and how to deliver it to them
- A 4-step process for picking sponsors with the highest likelihood of funding your projects
- The primary elements found in most grant proposals
- How to recognize the critical details that grant sponsors expect you to address
- How to avoid common grant writing mistakes
Who Should Attend
Aspiring, new, and even experienced nonprofit leaders hoping to build their leadership skills.
Claim your share of the more than $300 billion available annually from tens of thousands of grant organizations. You can earn your Professional Grant Writing Certificate in two days, by taking, Beginning Grant Writing and Advanced Grant Writing. Features/benefits the program offers:
- Build the skills you need to successfully find and gain grant funding
- Navigate an increasingly challenging competitive funding environment
- Understand how to meet the needs of granting agencies
- Gain confidence in your ability to secure funding
The Professional Grant Writing Certificate is offered in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It is offered in a two-day, back-to-back format so that you are able to apply the information you have learned immediately to your proposals.
Jeremy T. Miner, M.A., is director of grants and contracts in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and also president of Miner and Associates, Inc., a nationwide consulting firm that provides grant seeking and fundraising services to nonprofit organizations. In addition to developing and administering proposals to public and private grant makers, Jeremy has served as a reviewer for federal and state grant programs and helped private foundations streamline their grant application guidelines. He has presented grant seeking workshops nationally and internationally to thousands of grant-getters. His successful grant writing techniques have generated millions of grant dollars for many nonprofit education, healthcare and social service agencies.