Now more than ever, resiliency is needed in the workplace. Learn what you can do to help reduce burnout and build a stronger, adaptable team.
|Series||Supervisory Management Certificate|
This program meets from 8:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. CT each day.
Reduce stress and burnout in your team
Our continued success and survival depends on our ability to withstand, recover, and bounce back amid stress, chaos, and ever-changing circumstances. We need to recognize the things that cause us stress and take proactive steps to reduce stress, build stronger relationships, and navigate through the disruption to emerge stronger and more resilient.
In this workshop, we’ll discuss some of the work-related factors in different work environments that are causing stress and identify possible stress reactions. You will Learn the elements of resilience and characteristics of resilient people. We will also spend time discussing strategies and tools to help leaders reduce burnout and build stronger, more inclusive and adaptable teams ready to take on the next challenge.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- List the reasons why it is important for leaders to pay attention to their own and their individual team members’ sense of wellbeing and balance.
- Understand the work-related factors in different work environments that are making an impact on employees’ stress levels and leading to burnout.
- Help themselves and team members identify their own stress triggers and understand possible stress triggers in others.
- Describe the elements of resilience and skillsets of resilient people.
- Describe how inclusion practices can build stronger relationships and bolster individual, leader and organizational resilience.
- Apply eight strategies for effectively leading through chaos and disruption.
- Use 10 empowering coaching questions to help others improve resilience and move a situation forward.
This course can be taken individually or as part of the Supervisory Management Certificate Program. This is an elective course. Take three core classes plus three electives in five years to earn your certificate.
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, project managers, team leaders, business owners, aspiring managers and supervisors, and anyone who manages the work of others.
As Founder and CEO of Effectability, LLC, Allison Cooley brings 25+ years of senior leadership, organization development, facilitation, and business ownership experience to her workshops. Her enthusiastic, engaging style and deep knowledge of people and organization systems have inspired thousands of leaders and team members at hundreds of organizations to communicate more effectively, better manage change and conflict, build stronger relationships, create productive, resilient cultures, and get things done. Allison holds a Certified Executive Coach designation from the Center for Executive Coaching, is an Inclusion Institute Certified Diversity Practitioner, is a Board Certified Coach (Center for Credentialing and Education), is a Myers‐Briggs practitioner (CAPT), and is DiSC certified (Wiley). She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin‐Eau Claire and her master’s degree in Adult Education from the University of Minnesota.