Every organization gets things done through people. Effectively influencing employees to achieve maximum productivity and performance is the hallmark of effective leaders, which is what you’ll learn in this online course.
|Series||Supervisory Management Certificate Program|
|Next Session||Thursday, May 13, 2021|
May 13, 2021 – May 20, 2021
This class meets online 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Thursdays, May 13 and 20, 2021. There will be a one hour break for lunch.
Every organization gets things done through people. Effectively influencing employees to achieve maximum productivity and performance is the hallmark of effective leaders. It’s a skill that is built over time, often based on trial and error. That trial and error can be minimized, though, through the insights and perspectives of industry experts and your peers.
In this course, attendees will learn how to:
- Diagnose performance issues and uncover underlying employee motivations.
- Apply best practices for providing recognition and rewards.
- Improve the performance evaluation and feedback process.
- Shape positive employee attitudes and strengthen employee engagement.
- Effectively coach staff to influence desired actions.
- Learn how to influence people to get the results you want.
Even experienced managers will benefit from the recent developments, expert insights, shared experiences and group discussions delivered in this program.
This course can be taken individually or as part of the Supervisory Management Certificate Program. This is an elective course. Take three core classes plus three electives in five years to earn your certificate.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors, project managers, team leaders, business owners, aspiring managers and supervisors, and anyone who manages the work of others.
Let’s face it—expertise in a chosen career field doesn’t automatically make someone a good supervisor. Supervisors must learn important soft skills to confidently manage a team of people and do it well.
If you’ve been promoted to supervisor but aren’t sure you have the skills to supervise well, if you’re looking to advance into a supervisor position, or if you’ve been supervising a team for a while and have struggled through conflict and communication issues, a certificate in supervisory management may be just what you need!
Working for this certificate will help you:
- Gain confidence in your leadership skills
- Communicate better with your team
- Encourage your team to be more productive
- Deal with conflict effectively
- Find success and advance toward your career goals
“I’ve learned so many valuable skills throughout this series. There were key takeaways from every class that I was excited to implement. It was neat to be in the classes with other leaders across various industries because networking with them would get me thinking from different angles.”
--Wendy Rindfleish, Assistant Manager, Security Health Plan
How the Certificate Works:
You’ll take 3 core classes plus 3 electives in 5 years.
- Learning to Lead
- Orientation, Time Management and Delegation
- Employee Evaluation and Performance Management
- Choose 3 electives that best meet your needs.
- Browse the Supervisory Management Series page to see what’s currently offered.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are glad to help!
Find information about previous certificate requirements here.
Not interested in taking the whole certificate? You can also take individual classes to meet your professional needs.
Bob Pecor, a professional effectiveness consultant, helps people identify solutions to performance problems focused on both the individual and the organization. His lifelong interest in understanding “why people do what they do” drives his commitment to helping people achieve results.