In this new age of technical writing, documents must be developed for rapid updating and multiple outputs (such as Microsoft Word, PDF, HTML5, XHTML, FrameMaker, MadCap Flare). One of the primary methods of achieving this is XML.
|Series||Technical Writing: Online Certificate Programs and Classes|
|Next Session||Register anytime!|
There is no prerequisite for the Advanced class. The class materials and information in the Fundamentals course is contained within the Advanced class and is free with the purchase of the Advanced class.
Create an XML project for your portfolio
In this 6 week course you will complete a fully functional XML project that you can display in your professional portfolio for your technical writing pursuits. You will learn through videos and various other resources along with practice exercises. The instructor will provide you with assistance and feedback as you work through the exercises.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand what “structured” means in structured authoring
- Create a well-formed document
- Use DTD (document type definition) to enable validation
- Use SyncRO oXygen as an authoring tool
- Segment your data for maximum use and reuse among a documentation set
- Use XML elements, attributes, and entities
- Use XSLT to output XHML documents
- Use XSL-FO to output PDF
- Produce a complete XML project that validates and generates multiple outputs
UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education partners with JER Online to provide affordable, non-credit continuing workforce courses and industry developed certificates in the area of Technical Writing and Human Resources.
*Listing of sponsors does not represent endorsement by UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education/Extension.