Phlebotomy technicians perform one of the most widely needed duties in healthcare settings - drawing blood from patients. This online course will prepare you to become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician Specialist.
|Next Session||Register anytime!|
This is a self-pace online course. When you register, you will receive six months to complete the course.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median salary for phlebotomy technicians is $36,320. The top 10% of people in this profession currently make over $50,000 in annual salary.
You will need professional training to enter a career as a phlebotomy technician. This online course will provide you with the training and skills to begin working as a phlebotomy technician. In addition, you will be prepared for the provisional Certified Phlebotomy Technician Specialist (CPTS) exam offered by the American Education Certification Association (AECA). After earning your provisional certification, you will have six months to complete the clinical skills requirements and convert to full certification. With full certification, you will be able to perform your duties as a phlebotomy technician in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, diagnostic labs, nursing homes, dialysis centers, and more.
An exam voucher option for either the Certified Phlebotomy Technician Certification Exam and Bloodborne Pathogen Prevention Exam, provided by the American Education Certification Association (AECA) or the Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) exam, provided by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) is included with your enrollment. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility. However, please research your state's requirements before enrollment to ensure this course is the right fit for you. This course is not suitable for students in California, Nevada, and Washington.
What you will learn
- Introduction to Phlebotomy & Infection Control
- Legal Issues in Healthcare and Introduction to Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Terminology and Phlebotomy Equipment & Supplies
- Phlebotomy Procedures I & II
- Phlebotomy Fundamental Essentials
How you will benefit
- You will learn the theoretical knowledge of a Phlebotomy Technician
- You will become eligible to attempt the Certified Phlebotomy Technician Specialist (CPTS) exams through AECA or the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) exam through the (NHA).
- An exam voucher option for either one of the certification exams.
- You may work with physicians/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare-related professionals.
- You may opt to either work full-time or apply for part-time positions.
Note: This course offers enrollment with the Lab. The Lab includes the kit, training modules and requires an agreement signed and returned before the equipment is provided.
Learn more about the Optional Pathways for Professional Phlebotomy Technician Certification
Who should attend
Anyone interested in becoming a Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
Jacqueline Garcia holds a Certified Professional Instructor Certification to teach Phlebotomy Technician Program. Ms. Garcia has served as a subject matter expert for the Phlebotomy textbook. She has also developed curriculum for phlebotomy technician programs for career schools and is actively involved in teaching phlebotomy technician at several career schools. She is an active member of AECA as a Certified Professional in Phlebotomy.