Gain the expertise and confidence in this online course to market yourself as a technical writer or take on advanced work assignments. Course topics include audience analysis, document design, organization and editing, visuals and research techniques.
|Series||Basic Certificate in Technical Writing, Certificate in Technical Writing for Current Technical Writers, Technical Writing: Online Certificate Programs and Classes|
|Next Session||Register anytime!|
Demonstrate your knowledge of technical writing
This course at the advanced level will give you the expertise and confidence to market yourself as a technical writer or simply to tackle more advanced assignments at work. Building on the skills you have acquired in the previous technical writing courses, this course emphasizes audience analysis, document organization and design, supplements, visuals, and research techniques. The course consists of one proposal that will incorporate all stage of technical writing: planning, writing, designing, and revising.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze readers and/or situations to prepare for writing a proposal
- Define the purpose of a proposal
- Gather, record, and interpret data
- Use content, design, and style guidelines to produce a more readable, concise document
- Write and edit technical documentation
- Write a winning proposal Students will demonstrate their understanding of advanced technical writing by creating a proposal. The proposal will include research, supplemental materials, and graphics. The student will submit the proposal in stages for assessment and feedback. Students demonstrate mastery of advanced technical writing by achieving at least 80% on the final proposal.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of advanced technical writing by creating a proposal.
- The proposal will include research, supplemental materials, and graphics.
- The student will submit the proposal in stages for assessment and feedback.
- Students demonstrate mastery of advanced technical writing by achieving at least 80% on the final proposal.
UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education partners with JER Online to provide affordable, non-credit continuing workforce courses and industry developed certificates in the area of Technical Writing and Human Resources.
*Listing of sponsors does not represent endorsement by UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education/Extension.